We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our support team. Ventrica are a European award-winning state-of-the-art contact centre, based in Southend on Sea - Essex. We specialise in all forms of customer contact across a range of channels. Join our team and you will be working in a friendly and welcoming environment.
What will I do in the role?
- Work closely with the business, and its customers, to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
What do I need?
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services/Power BI
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Great communication skills
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
- Team management skills
- MSc in a Data Science or Analytics field
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
What will I be paid?
We offer an attractive salary package and benefits, negotiable depending on experience.
- Monday – Friday, core hours 9am to 5:30pm
- Full Time – Permanent