Lead Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Lead Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT Department.
Ventrica is a dynamic, fast-growth customer management business that provides outsourced customer service for an array of blue chip brands. We’re a fast growth business with a growing reputation here in the UK for technical innovation and digital transformation. In 2017 we won best contact centre outsourcer in Europe at the prestigious ECCCSA awards and in 2018 we came 63rd in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
What will I do in the role?
- You will be responsible for the network infrastructure and provision of 3rd
- You must ensure the continued running of the network architecture and systems within the Company’s structure.
- You will lead the IT team in network administration, covering all areas of analysis, specification, design, upgrade and mitigation along with supporting the smooth running of the business.
- Sustain the necessary data throughput rate by monitoring networking activity and maintaining existing equipment.
- Respond to network connectivity issues.
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the network stays operational.
- You'll have responsibility for maintaining and developing computer networks within an organisation or between organisations. You'll offer support to users, who can be staff, clients, customers and suppliers, and troubleshoot any problems that arise. You will also be involved in designing new networks.
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Provide oversight, support, and guidance for the rest of the support team.
What do I need?
- Previous experience working as a Network Engineer, with proven knowledge of firewall and router technologies.
- CCNA or higher (CCNP, CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued).
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI model.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Proven knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 up to and including 2019 and Windows 10.
- DNS/DHCP technologies and methodology.
- Experience in an on-site support role, involving desk side support, software and infrastructure.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Active Directory administration in a multi-site environment
- Management of MPLS and site-to-site VPN WANs
- Phone Switch Administration and call routing.
- Windows IIS.
- Use of Manage Engine for service desk and operations monitoring
- Provision and management of Azure environments
What will I be paid?
We a competitive salary of £36,000 to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience and benefits such as:
- Discounts with over 40 local businesses
- Health care plan and pension
- Free fruit on a Wednesday, Free ice cream in August
- Massages once a week
- Dress down Friday
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Predominantly Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm
- You will be required to work as part of the out of hours on call rota